Timekeepers Square wins another award!
Posted on January 26th, 2018
Timekeepers Square in Salford has won the best Small Housing Development of the Year at The Insider North West Residential Property Awards. Recognising schemes that have incorporated elements beyond the norm, this award adds to the collection that Timekeepers Square has won along with reaching the finals at the Civic Trust Awards. The regeneration scheme in the centre of Salford, designed by Buttress, for English Cities Fund (ECf) is a joint venture with Muse Developments, Legal & General and the Homes & Communities Agency in conjunction with Salford City Council.
John Turner Construction has successfully delivered two schemes for ECf in Salford:
- Timekeepers Square – 36 townhouses consisting of two, three and four bedroom properties across six terraces surrounding Grade II listed St Philip’s Church
- Carpino Place – 22 three storey townhouses designed around an internal courtyard with rooftop terraces and private patio areas.
Re-establishing the historic urban setting, an iconic sycamore structure sits at the heart of Timekeepers Square which features seating areas and planted beds within a communal courtyard setting enhancing public realm. Blending in with the existing Georgian buildings, some of these high specification residences include roof top terraces and rear gardens with private parking for all properties. The area also encompasses a row of Georgian terraces, a Victorian courthouse, St John’s RC Cathedral and the former Town Hall, all of which are Grade II listed.
Matt Eastham, John Turner Construction’s Project Manager said ‘it has been a brilliant experience to be involved in both the Timekeepers Square and Carpino Place schemes working closely with the project team to bring to fruition two residential developments of real quality and distinction. Both schemes contribute to the 20 year Salford Central regeneration masterplan and it is a privilege to have played a part in shaping the vibrant and exciting new face of the area.’
Timekeepers Square has won the following awards:
- Insider North West Residential Property Awards 2017: Winner of Small Housing Development of the Year
- Manchester Society of Architects Awards 2017: Winner of Best Multiple Residential
- The Sunday Times British Homes Awards 2017: Shortlisted for Development of the Year
- Brick Awards 2017: Winner of the Urban Regeneration Award
- Brick Awards 2017: Shortlisted for Large Housing Development of the Year
- Housing Design Awards 2016: Shortlisted for Project Schemes Award
- Manchester Society of Architects Awards 2015: Winner of Best Multiple Residential (unbuilt).