The Grade II listed Guild of Students has been remodelled, over a challenging 38 week period to create more student friendly spaces.
Refurbishment works were carried out to:
- Stanley Theatre
- Mountford Hall with a state-of-the-art sound and lighting system as well as a bar the full length of the hall
- The Courtyard serving food and drinks
- Sphinx bar
- Radio room
- The Street incorporating coffee and convenience shops, University shop, meeting rooms and circulation spaces.
The basement was also refurbished providing activity space in twenty rooms including:
- designing theatrical sets
- dance and music studios
- cinema room
- bookable space for societies to utilise
- storage area.
John Turner’s in-house joinery manufacturing facility provided bespoke fittings and furniture including a 15m bar, reclaimed timber feature ceilings, upholstered bar seating, Gabion style bench seating, fitted storage cupboards, shop counters and modular seating.
Client: University of Liverpool