This project involved the construction of a new warehouse with associated servicing area for the parking and manoeuvring of goods vehicles while the busy facility remained fully operational.
At 1125m2 in size, this B8 warehouse incorporated an external loading dock and a canopy of 210 m2. Two redundant ancillary storage buildings were removed prior to construction on this established commercial estate.
The new warehouse building was constructed in 24 weeks including:
- a structural steel frame
- a profiled, colour coated metal cladded roof with roof lights
- vertical and horizontal profiled colour coated metal cladded walls
- powder coated metal leafs and frame doors
- galvanised steel metal lathed curtain shutters with matching guides
- a comprehensive, sustainable drainage system
- a fully automated dock leveller and associated gates.
A holding pond, utilising specialised construction methods, was created to deal with water emission from the building including associated drainage and discharge channels across the warehouse and distribution site.
HW Coates is a leading independent operator in the warehousing and transport of packaged chemicals with 13 locations across the UK. Serving most of the major names in global chemicals and pharmaceuticals, they have a leading role in the Hazchem Network, with seven COMAH warehousing and distribution facilities across the country.
The project achieved Performance Beyond Compliance from Considerate Constructors.
Client: HW Coates Limited