Privacy and Cookies
The Company believes that the responsible use of personal information collected through this website is critical to its business objectives and reputation. As part of our commitment to privacy, we have adopted this online privacy statement. The extent and type of personal information we hold and use concerning you depends on the information you have provided to the Company.
We only use your personal information to respond to your requests and to provide you with information about the Company services, unless we obtain your permission to use your personal information for other purposes.
Where can I get advice?
The Company has two Data Protection Officers who make sure we respect your rights and follow the law. If you have any concerns or questions about how we look after your personal information, please contact the HR Manager or Facilities Manager, who are the Data Protection Officers.
Why do we need to collect and store personal data?
The Company will process (i.e. collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner that is compatible with Data Protection Legislation. Wherever possible, we will seek your direct consent at the time that the information is provided, for example on application for employment.
When you provide the information you will be told what it will be used for and with whom it will be shared.
Sharing with organisations providing services to us
The Company engages various third parties to provide services to us for specific functions in order to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, and this may mean that it is in our legitimate interests to share your personal data with them because we may not have the capabilities to provide those services independently. In each case, we will ensure that these third parties are only allowed to use your personal data in order to provide the relevant services to us. We will always make sure that we use organisations that we trust to look after your personal data appropriately and as required by applicable laws.
Sharing data to comply with laws
There may be scenarios where the Company is subject to a legal obligation to disclose or share your personal data, such as with law enforcement agencies or public authorities in order to prevent or detect crime.
Wherever possible your consent will be obtained at the time the information is collected.
Security of your personal data
The Company takes the security of your data very seriously. We have implemented various strategies, controls and measures to keep your data secure and we keep these measures under close review.
Your rights and how to contact us
The law gives you a number of rights in relation to your personal data and our use of it. You have the right:
- to ask us not to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes
- to ask to see what personal data we hold about you and to find out about the way that we process the data (and in some circumstances, you can ask us to provide a copy to a third party)
- to ask us to correct or update any personal data which is inaccurate
- to ask for personal data to be deleted in some (but not all) circumstances where there is no good reason for us to continue to use it
- to ask us to temporarily stop using your data if you don’t believe that we have a right to use it, or to stop us from using your personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to use it
- not to be subject to decisions made solely on the basis of ‘automated processing’ (i.e. the right not to be subject to decisions made solely by algorithms or computers without input from a human) in certain circumstances.
John Turner Construction Group Ltd, 2 Preston Road, Grimsargh, Preston, PR2 5SD
General Data Protection Policy (GDPR)
You can download our policy here